Eng. Ran Shani – Supply Chain Management
To see my CV scroll down or click on the following files:
Contact me by:
Mechanical engineer | Experienced Purchasing Management experience and Supply chain PM.
B.Sc. Mechanical engineer | Experienced Purchasing Management and Supply chain.
Creating efficient supply chain with focused teamwork using Automation and digitizing.
Supply chain manager Mano Maritime Ltd. 2019 to Today
- Leading Procurement department – Strategic and tactical Purchasing for vessels requirements (technical, food, hotel, IT), real estate projects including construction of new assets, Department includes Buyers and storekeepers.
- Building and Executing efficiency improvement plan by building working process, organize data and generating reports to monitor the working process, savings, and expenses, including building MRP data base and procedures.
- Improving logistics efficiency and transparency focusing on the ERP and implementing MRP.
Procurement manager Unilever Israel 2011 to 2019
CAPEX, MRO & Logistics Procurement manager. (2013-2019)
- Logistics and import operations (including managing 5 Buyers) - 60M Euro annual spend.
- Develop supply chain by updating supplier’s scope and creating new suppliers to generate added value (savings, improve service and lower stock levels).
- Project management – leading various projects: new factories and production lines, automation upgrades, improving storage efficiency. Initiate saving projects out-of-the-box, creating added value.
- Technical storage software change (from stand alone to integrated), including process design and software I/O.
- Defining team procedures and KPIs, including follow ups and adjustments to meet targets.
- Matrix management for implementing global procurement methodology and local procedures.
- Managing logistics suppliers: 3PL storage, Trucks, MHE etc.
CAPEX, MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Operation) Technical Buyer. (2011-2012)
- Technical buyer (CAPEX, Operation and Energy) - 40M Euro annual spend. New role established to centralize all technical procurement at Unilever, with high level commercial perspective. Leveraging to create added value.
- Managing procurement processes including RFI, RFQ, providing Business recommendation for Directors.
- Equipment / services strategic and tactical purchasing including sourcing, building contract and follow up.
- Creating contracts according to the company methodology including the required interfaces for SLA, SOW, QA, security, safety, sustainable sourcing etc.
- Vendor management – commercial terms, service level and ad hoc solutions.
Sales, Operations & customer service – Shani Electro Mechanics 2002 to 2011
Sales, operations, and Business development manager (2007-2011)
- Sales of CNC machines, including sourcing solutions for customer requirements.
- Create and manage commercial relations with machinery and equipment manufacturers (mostly overseas).
- Build CRM and operate the customer service.
- Promoting new technologies and business development to other industry segments.
Technician of CNC and conventional machining. (2002 – 2007)
- Technical support (hands on) for machines including mechanical, electrical and control.
- Supporting new and used equipment sales, by installing, commissioning, and training.
SAP, Priority, MS Project, MS Office, BI, Solid Works.
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineer from “Ort Braude”. Internship at plane engine blades factory. 2003-2007
- CPM & Import/ export “Chamber of Commerce Israel”. 2010
- Management (Unilever) and project management (PMP®) courses. 2017
- Priority Implementing course – “Prodware”. 2021
Military Service - Israeli Defense Force
- Complete 3 years’ service as combat soldier and leader (infantry corps). 1997-2000
- Hebrew: Native
- English: Fluent